On Aug 15, 2009, at 8:48 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
Team wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trevor wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> 1. I am wondering if any users running XWiki on Tomcat 5.5 have set
>> up a SecurityManager policy.  The documentation isn't really clear
>> on this, other than "it's an issue" that may not be resolved.  The
>> one "comment" on XWiki.org that has a security policy is close but
>> not quite clear.  I couldn't figure out the part about Log4J.
>>
>> - is a policy necessary?
>> - without one, are there any inherent security risks using XWiki/
>> Tomcat "out of the box"?
>> - what about Tomcat's default "users" and "roles"?
>>
>> 2. Are there any security risks using the default "xwiki"
>> installation location in webapps?  ie. if it's there and someone
>> realizes you're running XWiki, couldn't they then direct their
>> attacks specifically at MySQL / Tomcat / XWiki, looking for holes?
>> I tried installing the WAR to a different location, and failed
>> miserably.  Does it matter?
>>
>> 3. Is anyone using XWiki over SSL?  Anything special we need to do
>> for that, other than getting a certificate?
>
> Concerning this, please, Vincent, is this entry still valid?
>
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/HowDoIAddASecureSignonPage

I have no idea... :) This page was written by Ludovic a very long time
ago (end 2006). However I think you can configure XWiki to run over
SSL. At least I know that it's handled at some places in the code. But
I don't know much about this.