Hi Vincent,

Vincent Gerris wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 12:03 +0300, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
>> Vincent Gerris wrote:
>>> Hi Marius,

>>> I use Firefox on Linux.
>>> Steps to reproduce:
>>>
>>> 1. Edit a page in WYSIWYG mode
>>> 2. Create a number list of 3 items  by pressing the symbol (1,2,3).
>>> So I get 1. , input some text, then 2. appears, I input some text and
>>> press enter again.
>>> 3. I go back with the cursor to after 1. and the entered text and press
>>> SHIFT + ENTER, so the cursor moves to under the 1. , a bit indented.
>>> 4. Then I insert a table (2 by 2 for the test), which shows up at the
>>> place the cursor was.
>>> 5. I repeat this step for 2. , so that I have two tables, a bit indented
>>> under 1. and 2. .
>>> 6. Then I press the Show button (to view the page) and then already the
>>> tables lose there indention and the numbering changes: 2. and 3. changes
>>> to 1.
>>>
>> I followed this steps on XE 2.0 RC1 and I couldn't reproduce the issue.
>> For two list items each with a 2x2 table I get this wiki syntax:
>>
>> ----------8<----------
>> 1. abc(((|=1|=2
>> |3|4)))
>> 1. xyz(((|=5|=6
>> |7|8)))
>> ---------->8----------
>>
>> Can you tell me what wiki syntax do you get? To do this, create the list
>> and the tables in WYSIWYG mode and then switch to Wiki mode.
>

> This is my non-working wiki-syntax (it had no numbers filled in in the
> fields), I added ---- to mark the code part:

Yes, I added the numbers in the table cells.

> ------------------
> test tabel:
>
> 1. dsfsdf
>
> (((|= |=
> | |

> \\)))
>
> 1. sdfsdf
>
> (((|= |=
> | )))
>
> 1. sdfsdf
> -------------------

Here's what I get, following your steps on XWiki Enterprise 1.9.3.22597
using the same content:

----------8<---------
test tabel:

1. dsfsdf(((|= |=
| | )))
1. sdfsdf(((|= |=
| | )))
1. sdfsdf
---------->8---------

As you can see, I get the right output.. There must be something else
you did that broke the list otherwise I can't explain why we get
different results.

> It seems the WYSIWYG changes some characters, an added \\ and a missing
> | ?
>
> When I continue in the WYSIWYG with your code, and do the same as
> described in the test case, I cannot reproduce the error.
>
> Code still seems OK:
> -------------------
> 8<
>
> 1. abc(((|=1|=2
> |3|4)))
> 1. xyz(((|=5|=6
> |7|8)))
> 1. test third number
> 1. (((|= 9|=10
> | 11| 12)))
> 1. (((|= |=
> |)))
> 1. test sixth number
> 1. dfgdfg(((|= |=
> | )))
> 1. dfgf(((|= |=
> | )))
> 1.
>
> ----
>
>> 8
> -------------------
>
> When I added another two test tables after that, I got:
> content: Exception while parsing HTML.
> (I have had that before when inserting tables by copy/paste from a Word
> -table.).
> After that the source and Wiki buttons do not work, and the page goes
> back to the WYSIWYG.
>
> The only way to fix it is a rollback to the previous version.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to pinpoint this problem?
>
>> Also, can you try my wiki syntax output? Edit a new page in Wiki mode,
>> paste my wiki content then switch to WYSIWYG and back a few times. Is
>> the list broken? Does the wiki content change when you come back to Wiki
>> mode? In my case, switching to WYSIWYG and back to Wiki any number of
>> time leaves the wiki content unchanged.
>>

> When I use your Wiki syntax in the editor, this gives the proper result.

This also indicates that something else happens when you create the list
with the tables in WYSIWYG mode.

Thanks,
Marius