One of the things that would also help giving a much higher perceived
performance, is reducing the JS and CSS of the Home Page.
A lot of the JS and CSS that are loaded are NOT needed on the home page.
With a loading of the global JS and CSS in 2 pages instead of one, the
perceived performance of XWiki gets a huge boost

I've done this with an #if in javascripts.vm and stylesheets.vm in some
wikis and it was great.

Ludovic

Ludovic Dubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/