Hi Thibaut,

Some useful Web Performance resources:
1) Steve Souders, /High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for
Front-End Engineers/:
http://www.amazon.com/High-Performance-Web-Sites-Essential/dp/0596529309/ref=pd_sim_b_1
Presentation of the 14 original rules upon which YSlow! was build on.
Since then, a lot of new rules were added to YSlow! and Steve Souders
moved from Yahoo! to Google and started working on Page Speed
http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/index.html
2) volume 2 /Even Faster Web Sites: Performance Best Practices for Web
Developers/ by Steve Souders just came out:
http://www.amazon.com/Even-Faster-Web-Sites-Performance/dp/0596522304/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257500156&sr=8-1
Another 14 rules and tips  which focus a mainly on Javascript
optimization techniques.
3) http://www.stevesouders.com/blog/

Oana