Hi Trevor,

Trevor Russ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to add toolbar buttons for fonts and colours to the Syntax 2.0
> WYSIWYG toolbar in XWiki 1.9.3 by following the online guide at:
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/WysiwygEditor .
>
> First, in "macros.vm" (or anywhere else) I didn't find any lines that looked
> like these:
> plugins: '$xwiki.getXWikiPreference("wysiwyg.plugins", "submit line separator
> text list indent history format symbol link image table macro
> importer#if($full && $request.sync) sync#end")',
> toolbar: '$xwiki.getXWikiPreference("wysiwyg.toolbar", "bold italic underline
> strikethrough | subscript superscript | unorderedlist orderedlist | outdent
> indent | undo redo | hr symbol")',
>
> they looked like this:
> plugins: 'submit line separator text valign list indent history format symbol
> link image table macro importer#if($full && $request.sync) sync#end',
> toolbar: 'bold italic underline strikethrough | subscript superscript |
> unorderedlist orderedlist | outdent indent | undo redo | format | hr symbol |
> link unlink | importer',

Indeed. These two lines were changed in 2.0RC1 due to
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4221 but the guide still applies.

> I changed the two lines to this:
> plugins: 'submit line separator text font color valign list indent history
> format symbol link image table macro importer#if($full && $request.sync)
> sync#end',
> toolbar: 'bold italic underline strikethrough | subscript superscript |
> unorderedlist orderedlist | outdent indent | undo redo | format fontname
> fontsize forecolor backcolor | hr symbol | link unlink | importer',

Perfect.

> According to the documentation: "You can reload your web container." and "You
> don't have to restart the server.".  By reloading the web container do you
> mean refreshing the browser page?  Or exiting and re-entering the WYSIWYG
> editor?  I have not tried restarting the server but the buttons are not
> showing up.

I've updated the documentation to state this more clearly. "You don't
have to restart the server." quote applies only when you edit XWiki
preferences (since 2.0RC1) or when you overwrite the skin. Otherwise you
have to restart (reload) the server (web container, servlet container,
application server) because velocity templates like macros.vm are cached
at application startup.

In any case (with server restart or not) you have to reload (e.g.
refresh, cancel + edit again) the edited page for the changes to take
effect.

Hope this helps,
Marius