On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 13:49, Ziggy <zigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys for your help. I have updated my setenv.bat to the following
>
> set JAVA_OPTS=-server -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=160m
> -Djava.awt.headless=true
>
> and i can now export all html pages.
>
> - The export did work but the skin/templates are not quite right. This is
> not a problem as i wanted the content i dont mind if it dont look pretty.

HTML export doe snot support dynamic css like you have in colibri skin yet.

See http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4615

> Valdis,
>
> I will be using the *.xar backup and an export of the database as part of
> the backup. I would like to also export everything as html at once a month
> just for extra security.
>
> Just one final question. If i export the mysql database, can i re-import
> this on a new instance of xwiki and does it have to be the exact version of
> xwiki?

No, but it has to be at least the same version. The database is
automatically upgraded when something changed (that's usually the way
to upgrade a XWiki instance).

> Thanks again.
>

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Valdis Vītoliņš
> <valdis.vitol...@odo.lv>wrote:
>
>> I use following settings for JVM (e.g. options for tomcat)
>>    JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms256m -Xmx512m
>> -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
>>
>> I found Xar handy for moving data from one (test) instance to another
>> (production),
>> though for full backup I use MySQL dump.
>>
>> Backup: mysqldump -u root -ppassword --opt xwiki > xwiki.sql
>> Restore: mysql -u root -ppassword -Dxwiki < xwiki.sql
>>
>> Valdis
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > No i am not using WEBDAV. Its a fresh installation of Xwiki and i have
>> only
>> > created about 4 pages so far.
>> >
>> > Here are the steps i took to install it.
>> >
>> > - Installed Tomcat 6.0
>> > - Installed Xwiki Enterprise 2.1.1
>> > - set up the hibernate configuration to mysql
>> > - Installed the default set of wiki pages which provide the blog, spaces
>> etc
>> > (i.e. xwiki-enterprise-wiki-2.1.1.xar )
>> > - Created a couple of wiki pages to test it.
>> >
>> > Thats all i have done so far and is what i am trying to export. I must
>> > mention that i did not change any configuration in Tomcat in terms of how
>> > much memory is allocated to tomcat. Everything is at their default
>> values.
>> >
>> > I have seen in several wiki configuration that they recommend increasing
>> the
>> > amount of memory allocated to tomcat. Do you think that maybe i need to
>> play
>> > around with the memory allocation within Tomcat?

Thomas Mortagne