Hi Simon,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET <
jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry but I have no better idea to propose ...  :/
> You could edit objects on the profile page to see if objects related to the
> watchlist have been created, but here are chances they were not. In this
> case it means there is a problem creating them.
>
> Jeremie
>
> 2010/2/25 Simon Glet <simon.g...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi Jeremie,
> >
> > I did click on the watchlist option of the user name menu on upper
> > right next to the logout menu. And yes I did previously add a watch on
> > a space and a page to no avail. There is no related error message in
> > the stdout of Tomcat. I also tried to display the watch list loged in
> > as Admin just in case of a security issue but that didn't work either.
> >
> > What can I try next ? Check in the DB that the watches are added,
> > check that the watchlist component is part of the page ?

Go to your profile page. Edit it in object edition mode (something like:
http://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/GuillaumeLerouge?editor=object )

Then look whether you have a "XWiki.WatchListClass" object attached to the
page. Expand it and check whether there's anything in the "Document list,
separated by commas" and "Space list, separated by commas" textareas.

If there's nothing in them even though you added some pages / spaces to your
watchlist, you might have a JS issue at the interface level.

If there's something in them, the problem could come from the scheduler or
your mail server configuration.

The WatchList jobs in the scheduler simply check whether an user page has a
watchlist job attached to it and sends an email if it finds that some of the
pages listed in the watchlist object of the user have been modifier since
the last day / week / month.

Guillaume

> Thanks
> Simon Glet
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET
> <jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do you display the watchlist ? In 2.2 it's in your user profile, in
> > specific tab.
> > Did you add elements to watch previously ? (page/space/wiki)
> >
> > I think the scheduler jobs read the users watchlists and send
> notifications
> > at defined intervals of time... They should be active of course.
> >
> > Jeremie
> >
> > 2010/2/24 Simon Glet <simon.g...@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am currently testing the "Watch" feature  and I can't display the
> >> Watch List. I noticed that the Scheduler has some Watch List jobs,
> >> could it be related ? I mean that the watch list could be populated by
> >> one of the Watch list notifier jobs.
> >>
> >> I am missing something ?
> >>
> >> The setup is XE 2.2, Tomcat 6.0, PostgreSQL, Windows XP SP3.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Simon glet

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS