Ricardo,

If you agree to work with "outdated projects", why not consider the project:
        http://svn.activemath.org/intergeo/Platform/Vignettes/
It's referencing old xwiki things because that's where curriki holds me but is
otherwise giving me the edit luxury for groovy and velocity.

It builds applets, per default (it's an applet-based screenshot uploader) but
it also contains the source of an xwiki application.

It also has src/main/pages/VignettesCode/ which contains source files in groovy
and velocity languages and editing with intelliJ there gives me all the
code-completions. I believe the project does not have "personal dependencies"
but I could be wrong.

The main visible output page being:
http://i2geo.net/xwiki/bin/view/VignettesCode/CarouselHtml
To upload I use my own post script
(http://svn.activemath.org/intergeo/Platform/bin/upload-to-wiki) or simply and
quite often copy and paste.

paul

PS:  the project does not build a xar which would require those uneditable xml
files or a modification to the plugin or xml infrastructure (xinclude probably)
so that the .vm and .groovy are still kept, which is essential for editing
luxury.