W dniu 10-11-15 12:14, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 12:03 PM, Piotr Dziubecki wrote:

>>> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-175
>>>
>>> A patch would be welcome ;)
>>>
>>> It isn't such a hard issue to fix, but nobody took the time to do it.
>>>
>> Well that's odd because it seems to me it's one of the key features of wiki
>> concepts :)
>>
>> Apart from that, my question is, since you know the XWiki, if we could
>> implement the true lock for the
>> sections instead of whole pages ? That would be a great progress, a solution
>> for now - user will be aware
>> that another user edits the same section and it shouldn't be touched. Now
>> with the document lock it's like
>> gambling.
>
> Yes, the current lock could be refined to apply on sections.
>
>> Could you tell whether the sections are introduced only for the presentation
>> layer, to facilitate editing or
>> they are also mapped to the application's model ?
>
> Somewhere in between. The whole content is stored in one piece, but
> there are some APIs to access sections.

I don't know if this list is a proper place, but could you give me some basic
guidelines regarding locks and
documents, I mean where to look and what should be done in general ( which
projects, Xwiki platform or
modules ). Now I'm reading the materials from the developers zone but I need to
estimate the required
efforts in terms of time and entry work.

Thanks !
Piotr