On 11/24/2010 10:42 PM, Scardino, Leonard R Jr ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor wrote:
> I've been searching the archive, but coming up short here.
>
> I'm trying to get custom authentication going on XWiki Enterprise 2.6.
>
> I've successfully implemented the XWikiAuthService by extending
> XwikiAuthServiceImpl as suggested here :
> http://bodez.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/xwiki-user-authentication-with-oracle-s
> so/
>
> I have also added the xwiki.authentication.authclass line to my xwiki.cfg.
>
> I'm able to automatically create a new user in xwiki using the
> XWiki.createEmptyUser method, and I get logged in.
>
> However, when I get in as that user all I get is  "Error    You are not
> allowed to view this document or perform this action."  No matter what I try
> to look at, including the personal profile.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?
>
> The XWiki documentation says that you "can" implement your own right
> management service, but it doesn't say that is necessary.  Is it?
>
> Thanks,

If you can log in with this user, and you can click on your profile name
displayed in the top-right menu, and you're not logged out immediately
after that, then it's not a user authentication problem, but a rights
issue. Make sure the user is in the requested groups, and he does have
the rights to view/edit documents.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/