Dear all,

I have recently installed Xwiki Enterprise 2.6 on our server (Ubuntu 10),
deployed in Tomcat6. For this server we use two domains: domain1.example.com
and domain2.example.com. By default Tomcat (and the XWiki) can be accessed via
http://domain1.example.com:8080/xwiki/, but for security and easy-access we
need the xwiki to be accessed from http://domain2.example.com/xwiki.

This is why Tomcat is fronted by Apache2 using the AJP connector via a proxy
pass which is configured in Apache sites-enabled:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin r...@example.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    ServerName domain2.example.com

    <Proxy *>
     AddDefaultCharset Off
     Order deny,allow
     Allow from all
   </Proxy>

    ProxyPass /xwiki ajp://localhost:8009/xwiki/
    ProxyPassReverse /xwiki ajp://localhost:8009/xwiki/
</VirtualHost>

This configuration works, the xwiki can be accessed from domain1 and domain2
however there are some problems. The first thing I noticed is that the same
wiki has has a different skin on each domain (no xar loaded, no user logged
in). Second whereas I can access the login page
athttp://domain1.example.com:8080/xwiki/bin/login/XWiki/XWikiLogin, trying to
access the login page
athttp://domain2.example.com/xwiki/bin/login/XWiki/XWikiLogin fails with an
infinite http redirect (redirecting to the same login page, HTTP/1.1 302 Moved
Temporarily).

My questions are: is this type of configuration supported? If so, why is xwiki
generating a redirect on the login page to the login page on domain2 and not on
domain1? Thank you for the help.

Best,
Mark