Paul Harris wrote:
> On 12 December 2010 06:56, Ricardo Rodriguez [eBioTIC.] <
> ricardo.rodrig...@ebiotic.net> wrote:
>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Paul Harris wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to change the primary space name from "Main" to "Public" to make
>>>
>> it
>>
>>> clear to wiki users who is going to have access to the info in that
>>>
>> space.
>>
>>> I've tried changing every mention of "Main" to "Public" in the WEB-INF
>>> directory, restarting jetty and refreshing the webbrowser, and STILL it
>>> redirects to "Main".
>>> I've adjusted web.xml, portlet.xml, struts-config.xml, xwiki.cfg
>>>
>>> is this hard-coded into XWiki?
>>>

>> I'm not able to answer your question but why not create a new space
>> Public and redirect calls to the default space to there?
>>
>> Simply put this in your Main.WebHome...
>>
>> {{velocity}}
>> $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL('Public.WebHome'))
>> {{/velocity}}
>>
>> Of course this not solved your doubt, but could be used as a workaround.
>> I've tried to use xwiki.defaultweb to set a different space when the URL
>> doesn't include one and it doesn't work for me either (XE
>> 2.7-SNAPSHOT.33223)
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> I saw that tip, the reason I don't want to do that is because now you have a
> space that exists only to do redirects...
>
> AND worse, I'm using ShortURLs, which means domain.com/Public is condensed
> down to the URL domain.com/  ...  which due to the problem/bug, renders the
> Main/WebHome page instead of Public/WebHome, which redirects to Public which
> condenses down and... etc I think I ends up with a redirect loop.

I got the point. I'm using short URLs, but I've not removed the space
name yet. So, I'm not able to help you with this issue. I think that the
best alternative is to create a Jira issue with this. Thanks!

Cheers!

Ricardo Rodríguez
CTO
eBioTIC.
Life Sciences, Data Modeling and Information Management Systems