Hi Joris,

This is possible with an xwiki.cfg setting.

#-# The name of the default page of a space. This is displayed when the URL specifies a space, but not a document, or neither.
# xwiki.defaultpage=WebHome
#-# Hide the /WebHome part of the URL when the document is the default one. Use 0 to hide, 1 to show.
# xwiki.usedefaultaction=0

Ludovic