afrey wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is any chat extension for the XWiki?
> I took a look at the Skype extension, and what I got from that is that you
> will have to use the Skype account/application to send the messages.
> I was wondering if there would it be possible to do the chatting directly
> in the XWiki.
>
> Alina.

Hi Alina

It would be a good feature to have, and looks like it has already been
proposed
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/AdvancedEmailIntegration
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/AdvancedEmailIntegration

You could try the IRC bot application:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/IRC+Bot+Application
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/IRC+Bot+Application ,
otherwise I think the only other way would be to embed a chat room/instant
messenger on a page? It'd probably require a bit of Googling around for a
suitable one.

Regards

-----
----