On 04/13/2011 05:16 PM, afrey wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any chat extension for the XWiki?
> I took a look at the Skype extension, and what I got from that is that you
> will have to use the Skype account/application to send the messages.
> I was wondering if there would it be possible to do the chatting directly in
> the XWiki.

The Skype extension simply tells if a user is online or not.

An official chat application was never committed, although, as far as I
know, two prototypes have been coded inside XWiki SAS, and other users
might have developed something similar for their projects.

A real time chat will be developed as part of the Wiki 3.0 research
project, in which XWiki SAS is a parter as well, but this will only come
at a later point.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/