On 04/18/2011 03:52 PM, li...@yhmail.de wrote:
> Hey,
>
> thanks it works now. At least I do not get any errors at the moment.
> Could you explain to me what the difference is? (HTTP vs. ajp) When proxying?

ajp is a direct connection between httpd and tomcat, which basically
lets Tomcat take care of a request on behalf of httpd. The request
details are kept in place, including the hostname, the port, whether the
connection is secure (SSL/https) or not...

HTTP proxying means that httpd clones the initial client request as a
new http request to the Tomcat server. Thus, unless specifically
configured to try and pass some details from the initial request, Tomcat
will just see this as an ordinary request done to "localhost" on port 8080.

ProxyPass, ProxyPassReverse and ProxyPreserveHost try to keep the same
hostname (www.my-domain.de instead of localhost), but don't keep the
fact that HTTPS was used.

The problem with the blog is that unlike most parts of the wiki,
absolute URLs are used when creating a new category. This means that a
full URL, trying to match the requested URL, is computed. Now, since
Tomcat/XWiki doesn't really know the original URL, the generated URL
will be most likely wrong, pointing to the wrong host and port.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/