Hi,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Paul Harris <harris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I installed the "Admin Tools" plugin
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/AdminTools
>
> And found that half the stuff didn't work anyway.
>
> Regardless, carrying on, I am hoping the User Rights tool will be helpful,
> however it can't seem to check the most important user:
> the Unregistered User
>
> And what is worse, I discovered by accident that the Unregistered User can
> access the space!
> For example, an unregistered user can access the /xwiki/Admin/RunQuery
> page,
> which could be used to run queries directly on the database, for example
> select * from xwikipreferences
>
> Does this give anyone else a heart attack too??

I don't think this "extension" is part of the standard XE/XEM release. You
should be careful when installing extensions.

> WHY is there no default "cannot view unless admin says so" mode?
> This is a problem with all of my spaces.  When I create a space, I want to
> then have to go and ALLOW people to access it.  Not open by default, that
> is
> much harder to configure.

It's a wiki, and wikis are supposed to be open by default. If the the
default behaviour is "closed", it would be hard for a normal user to create
a space and allow other users to contribute content (he'll have to wait for
the admin to open that space).

This is only my personal understanding and I'm not a professional XWiki
user, so let's wait for some other views as well.

Thanks.

- Asiri