On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:18, Paul Harris <harris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 June 2011 16:53, Andreas Hahn <ah...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Am 30.06.2011 10:33, schrieb Paul Harris:
>> >
>> > I'm a bit confused by this... I don't see how you could call this
>> particular
>> > option "fine grained"
>> >
>> > I still want unregistered users to be able to see the front page, and
>> maybe
>> > a page or two more - describing who we are and how to join up.
>> >
>> > If I tick those options, surely they would not be able to see any Welcome
>> > page that I wanted them to see?
>> >

>> Well, I can't speak for releases newer than 2.6 - but for that it was
>> really simple.
>> Maybe you haven't found the 'uregistered users' settings on the users
>> rights form ?
>>
>> have a look at http://shept.org - it's xwiki powered does pretty much
>> what you describe.
>> I don't remember any particular problems with the rights setup ....
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Your site is perfect for illustrating my concerns about the "open by
> default" configuration of xwiki.
>
> I was able to register an account (I used my real email, but it could've
> been a fake one), and was able to make a comment on your page here:
> http://shept.org/docs/Shept/Features
>
> Did you really intend to leave that page open for comments?  I would guess
> not, since you turned off comments on your WebHome page.
>
> I find it very scary how easy it is to leave doors and windows open.
>
> I can shut the doors I find open, but I have no way of confirming that I
> have closed all the doors, especially the back doors that I do not know
> about (eg whatever is in the XWiki space)

There is only one main places (global wiki) with right setup by
default then you have several technical spaces with restricted edit
access to admin group like XWiki and ColorThemes (and that's the same
space that should have view right enabled in a closed wiki since there
where are located resources shared everywhere) and that's it. If you
find anything else, it's a bug.

If you remove comment right globally then you don't have it anywhere
else, same for any other right.

> cheers
> Paul

Thomas Mortagne