On 08/25/2011 09:49 PM, Dale Amon wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:29:42PM +0200, Guillaume Lerouge wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> you should try using the Office Import feature and/or the past from Office
>> button available through the WYSIWYG editor instead of copy/pasting straight
>> in the content area.
>>
>> Both feature require the Office Importer module to be up and running.
>
> Does this differ from the XWiki Office stuff?

Yes, it's not related at all. The Office Importer runs on the server,
and it relies an on OpenOffice/LibreOffice running in server mode. Then
the XWiki platform forwards requests to this server on behalf of the
users to convert foreign content (office documents or content pasted
from them) into HTML that can be further parsed, cleaned and transformed
into wiki content.

More at http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/Features/OfficeImporter

> Does it work with Open Office as well? My team is mixed Windows
> and Linux.

Yes.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu