On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Dale Amon <a...@vnl.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:04:29AM +0300, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
>> >
>> > A few comments on human factors. Although this looks like it
>> > might be exactly what I want, for a person unfamiliar with
>> > the terminology it is not at all clear how to proceed.
>> >

>> > In Administer Wiki, I see Applications, but the only thing which
>> > seems to pop out is 'Extension Manager' which claims to not really
>> > be safe to use yet. And it is not clear where an extension is
>> > synonymous with a plugin, which is what the OfficeImporter is
>> > documented as being.
>>
>> You missed the "OpenOffice Server" administration section? From there
>> you can start the OpenOffice server, which is used by the office
>> importer module to import/convert office documents. Of course, you
>> need to configure the OpenOffice server connection first, and this is
>> described on
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Office+Importer+Application
>> (there is a link to this page from
>> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/Features/OfficeImporter ).
>>

> Well, I installed pretty much everythings which said libreoffice, as
> that is the Ubuntu and Debian standard.

I hope you read my notice from my previous mail. I'm pasting it here:

"Note that there was an issue with the latest versions of both office
servers, http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-6832 , which was
fixed recently in our code. So you either install on older version of
OpenOffice/LibreOffice (e.g. 3.2) or use the latest XWiki Enterprise
3.2 snapshot (becuse 3.2M3 wasn't released yet)."

> Then I changed the openoffice.homepath=/usr/lib/openoffice/

It should be /usr/lib/libreoffice/ because you installed LibreOffice
and not OpenOffice.

> Rebooted the VM just to be sure everything was updated.
> Force the current page to clear on my laptop.
> In the Administer->Configuration->Open Office I tried to 'Update'.
> It replies:
>

> "Failed to execute the [velocity] macro"

If you click on it you should see the full error message, including a
stack trace which is very useful to understand the problem. Otherwise
you can look at the server console/log.

Hope this helps,
Marius