On Sep 15, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Crowd Covered wrote:

> Thanks for hint Vincent, these options are indeed possible and I considered
> them (didn't know that svn integration is already available). But trick is
> to not break usability. So that you can just switch between "tagged" content
> and "trunk" without a need to overwrite "trunk" by imported XAR, or update
> to revision from svn, or have another server for deploying tags as this will
> definitely provoke conflicts.
> For simple user that's it: switch mode, navigate in tagged/baselined
> content. I guess it may not even require version control system like svn
> underneath if we have all history in database anyway.
>
> Is it in general possible to introduce such a feature that will for all
> read-only actions (view, export) provide only "tagged" content? If possible
> how much efforts may it need?
> Did someone else experience a need in such a feature for a groupware (which
> wiki belongs to as for me)?

What I'd do is the following:
- install XEM (Enterprise Manager)
- when you're ready to set a tag/branch, copy the main wiki into a subwiki
(using Enterprise Manager it's easy) and give a meaningful name that includes
the tag or version in the name
- have a page on the main wiki to point to the various tags/versions of the
documentation.

-Vincent