coldserenity wrote:

>    ... the UX of the Wave (in this particular case and because Wave is a
> specialized tool) is superior.

I am not agree with you. Good idea - but realisation - terrible!
1. Google used some special interface functions - they thinking, that these
possibilities will be web-standarts - but they got a mistake. For this
reason, Wave working quickly and without problems only on Google Chrome
(only this browser supports all these non-standart functions).
2. Try Wave with Firefox at simple computer (netbook for example) - cannot
work on big waves (hundred messages)!!! I press one button and waiting 3-5
secunds per each symbol. It is not problem of notebook - Windows 7, MS
Office working great and quickly!
3. Too many errors on scripts - every 5 minutes I got error - script
bla-bla-bla stopped!

I have experience with Google Wave with big waves of hundreds waves - for
this reason I known what I said.

   However it's not the Wave I was trying to promote by this thread, it was
just an example of advanced user interaction User-to-User and User-to-Wiki:
advanced documents editing for most popular types of documents (text,
spreadsheet, and presentation). I understand the complexity of this task (it
took 20 years for Microsoft to build their MS Office), but the question is:
I often consider whether to upload a MS Office file as an attachment or
maintain the file's content as an XWiki page - and sooner or later someone
will come up with such solution ( Open-source wiki + Open-Source Google Docs
:) ). So it's not about writing some missing extension - it's about taking
XWiki to the next level in terms of content editing.

Roman