On  my side, removing the "Reader.*" pages programmatically, and removing
all related entries in activitystream_events table, solved my issue. Home
page now shows up normally, and displays correct events in activity stream
:)
I think the Reader was generated too much entries too fast.

Thanks for help, anyway I'll give a try to the Admin tools for further
perfs improvements,

Jeremie