Thanks thomas for bringing clarity.

 i am trying to build the xwiki source in eclipse as per the instructions
given at

http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/BuildingInEclipse#H5C5BOptional5C5DImporttheWARasawebproject.

 i have given the repository location as below in setting.xml in eclispe

*         <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>fip</id>
         <name>xwiki Archiva Repository</name>
         <url>https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform</url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </repository>
     </repositories>*

     But after updating the setting.xml(lying under .m2 folder) to above
location  i get  below message on eclipse console

*     12/13/11 5:28:54 PM IST: Unable to update index for fip|
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform*

     And when i try to build the  project in eclipse, eclipse console shows
the below error message

*     Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-core:3.2-SNAPSHOT:
     Failure to find org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:pom:3.2-SNAPSHOT in *
*https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform*<https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform>
*     was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be
reattempted until the update interval of fip has elapsed
     or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local
POM pom.xml /xwiki-platform-action line 1 Maven Problem*

*     i am not getting what is the problem here. Please provide your
valuable inputs.
*