Hi,

I have written most of the migration manager stuffs and the major migration
of 4.x, and from what I see, your configuration currently prevent any
migrations to be executed. You should carefully investigate your xwiki.cfg
file for migration configuration.
>From what you copy paste, I see twice the "xwiki.store.migration.databases"
parameters, I suggest you remove both, the default being "all" now. Also
check there is no "xwiki.store.hibernate.updateschema", the default is
good. Also check that you do not have any "xwiki.store.migration=0".
Finally, "xwiki.store.main.hint" should not be defined or be "hibernate",
and the same is true for "xwiki.store.versioning.hint",
"xwiki.store.recyclebin.hint" and "xwiki.store.migration.manager.hint". If
you do not find the issue, please send me your xwiki.cfg, and I will have a
look at it.

Finally, I should bring your attention to the fact that MSSQL is not
officially supported and that the migration has never been tested on that
DBMS. However, we have done our best so it is as database agnostic as
possible. It may simply work or not. Do not hesitate to share your
experience, I will do my best to help, but I cannot promise success.

Regards,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM, rheim651 <rob.h...@mckesson.com> wrote:

> Here are URLs for some (hopefully) relevant:
>
> http://pastebin.com/GiVs68L9 stdout Log
> http://pastebin.com/dXJqZyhh Catalina Output
> http://pastebin.com/U4VaVTQw Browser Stack Trace
>
> For some additional background, I tried creating an empty database and that
> appears to work fine with this exact same configuration.
>
> I believe I may know what at least part of the problem is.  In order to get
> to Compatibility Mode 100, I had to remove some deprecated datatypes.  This
> was basically replacing TEXT datatypes with VARCHAR(MAX).  The full list of
> the changes can be found here.
>
> http://pastebin.com/3C33nxYq SQL Server - Deprecated Datatype Changes

Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO