On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Arioch <arioch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sandbox pages are still XWiki 1.0 syntax

What are you talking about? :| There's no Sandbox page in XWiki 1.0
syntax in the default distribution. See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise/tree/master/xwiki-enterprise-ui/src/main/resources/Sandbox
. They all have been converted to XWiki 2.0 syntax 3 years ago.. see
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-472 .

> That leads to funny consequences.
>
> 1) When i click on Edit i get the "unsupported browser" warning
>
> This i think is relatively easy to fix, even if boring.
> Frankly, sandbox is intended to teach user of current syntax, not of
> obsolete one.
>
> submit ticket ?

No. You get the warning because you have the old WYSIWYG editor which
is not maintained any more. I don't know how you end up with pages in
XWiki 1.0 syntax but that's not a clean XWiki Enterprise 4.2 Milestone
2 for sure.

> 2) When i import office file i get broken rendering. File is imported as
> XWiki 2 syntax but is without check or conversion copy-pasted into page
> current syntax.
>
> Well, more to add into my Office Import UI ticket :-)

Not really. First of all a document can have only one wiki syntax. You
can't mix multiple wiki syntaxes inside a document content. Then, the
office importer code clearly throws an exception (
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-office/xwiki-platform-office-importer/src/main/java/org/xwiki/officeimporter/internal/script/OfficeImporterScriptService.java#L270
) if you choose to append the result and the syntax of the target
document (XWiki 1.0 in your case) doesn't match the specified syntax
(XWiki 2.0, as specified by the office import application).

Marius