On 11/12/2012 07:57 PM, crocket wrote:
> Isn't doc.object(Class) part of XWiki core API?
> I thought it was an alias of $doc.getObject("Class")

XWQL doesn't have access to any API method. It's not a scripting
language, it's a query language.

doc.object(Class) is supposed to be read as:

search for documents that [meet some other conditions] and have an
object of type "Class"

You don't actually get the object as you would in a scripting
environment. That part of the query will get translated into some SQL
FROM and WHERE fragments, like all the other parts of the XWQL query.

Remember, you're writing a *query*, not a script.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/