2012/11/16 Jeremie BOUSQUET <jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com>

> 2012/11/16 Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
>
>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET <
>> jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm testing installation of an extension with extension manager /
>> extension
>> > repository, on XE 4.3-milestone-2:
>> > - deploy my extension (xar + deps) from maven to a local nexus
>> > - import this extension into the extension repo in my xwiki
>> > - try to install it with EM
>> >
>> > I get a conflict:
>> > Dependency [javax.jcr:jcr-2.0] is not compatible with core extension
>> > [javax.jcr:jcr-1.0]
>> >

>> I'm trying to understand from where this come from actually. I don't have
>> it when I build XE war myself but I can find it in the wars on
>>
>> http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/enterprise/xwiki-enterprise-web/4.3-SNAPSHOT/
>>

>> > This dependency is a transitive dependency (runtime) of a mstor library
>> > needed by my app. Currently, it is used in xwiki in version 1.0.
>> >
>> > I first tried to add an <exclusion> block for it in my pom.xml,
>> redeployed,
>> > reimported, reinstalled, with same result.
>> >

>> Yes EM does not support exclusions. It's hard to handle in such an
>> environment where you potentially have several extension depending on the
>> same thing.
>>

> Sure, but in an environment with growing number of dependencies,
> transitivity, and versions, you could also say that it will be hard to
> handle without those little maven tricks as optional or exclusions ...
> BTW, does EM take into account dependencies scope ?
>

>> > I then added jcr 1.0 in a dependencyManagement section in order to
>> override
>> > version 2.0 brought by mstor, but again with same result.
>> >

>> Same thing, right now when EM is looking at your transitive dependencies
>> it
>> lost the dependencyManagement from your pom.xml already.
>>

>> > BTW, additionally, the folder targeted by xwiki.data.dir remains empty
>> > Seems a bit strange.
>> >

>> Maybe it's set in your xwiki.properties files.
>>

> It is, but to that same location as of xwiki.data.dir ...

For the records, it was an error on my side (updated wrong .bat file),
sorry for that ...

>> > How can I solve this issue ?
>> >

>> Not an easy one.
>>
>> I can think of several things:
>> * upgrade the jcr version in XE (I'm trying to look at what this means
>> exactly)
>> * have a custom version of your dependency with a different version of jcr
>> deployed somewhere like http://maven.xwiki.org/externals/ (not very nice)
>>

> Yep not nice at all ... In that case and as it would be customized, I
> would even prefer to deploy it along my own extension artifacts.

I solved it that way, adding a specific module in my project that retrieves
mstor through dependency:copy (to avoid getting the transitive deps along
the way), then attaches it to the module artifacts so it is deployed as
part of the project. Not very nice, but now installation works fine from EM
! :)