On 12/19/2012 01:33 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>> It's not Velocity that's buffering, it's the whole rendering engine that
>> does that. Velocity itself is just one of the steps through which
>> document content passes, and each step outputs everything in a buffer
>> which is later flushed down the socket after every rendering step is
>> finished.
>>
>> At least that's what's happening if you use the rendering engine to
>> "run" code from wiki documents.
>
> Is there any way to disable buffering at each of the steps?

No, especially not with the current (XRendering) rendering engine, since
Velocity is just a Transformation that works on the XDOM, which will be
actually transformed into real output in a separate process that expects
a final, full DOM.

> I'm thinking this may have a performance impact.

Yes, it does.

> However, for my case, implementing OAI-PMH, I've solved it by using the
> "query resumption" that the protocol offers.

It's good that you found a workaround.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu