On 12/19/2012 03:29 PM, Haru wrote:
>  Thanks a lot, Sergiu!
>
> The problem was following: default language is set in UI in XWiki (it was
> ru), but was ignored. Is it a bug to jira it? Or it is expected behaviour? If
> it's expected, why do we have default language in UI?

It's the expected behavior, at least with the way translations work at
the moment. I'm not happy with the current mechanism, but changing it
requires a lot of refactoring.

Configured default wiki language is different from document default
language, which can be set for each document. See my other reply for
what the default wiki language actually does.

> Moreover, in XEM it could be possible to have different default languages in
> workspaces, so xwiki.cfg hidden setting is not the best option, IMHO.

I agree, this should be a setting configurable in each wiki, or even space.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/