Thanks, I understand ... I added dependency on velocity macro, but of
course a whole bunch of dependencies are still missing.
I would have 2 feedbacks on that point:
- I understand your point, but when writing a contrib app xar, you target
it to work on a specific XE version, and not on a combination of
platform/commons/rendering artifacts. So it could be nice, from a
functional test POV, to be able to materialize this as a unique dependency,
and get everything transitively.
- Adding bits one by one is difficult, for example to find what jar is
needed to register a wiki macro, is not so obvious (BTW I couldn't find it,
I thought it was xwiki-application-wiki-macro-bridge.jar, but it's not
bundled with this name in XE war). Well, it's not that complex, but
requires some deeper knowledge of xwiki, deeper than what is needed to
merely write an extension.
- in the end, does it mean that to be fully complete, my extension xar
should depend on all these xwiki artifacts (and not merely on some needed
extensions) ? With the idea that my app could be installed even in an empty
wiki ? (well, given there's at least EM in it ...)

BR,
Jeremie