On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
<yoshipepper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Thomas,
>

> I wanted to ask,
> I just have admin rights in a xwiki entreprise,
>
> would that allow me to do the upgrade ?
>
> I read documentation about upgrading and yet i feel it cannot be done
> Online,
> and there must be some configurations offline
>
> Can you help understand ?

There is two main side in an upgrade:
* the upgrade of the WAR (java, configuration and all filesystem
stuff) that I just did
* the upgrade of the UI (wiki pages) which I did for the main wiki and
the template wiki and which you can do for your wiki

> THanks very much,
> Kind Regards
>

> On 7 May 2013 16:16, Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 5.0.1. If you own a wiki hosted
>> there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/
>>
>> We also strongly recommend an upgrade to the latest wiki version. This
>> time you will get your own Distribution Wizard to help you when you
>> access your wiki.
>>
>> Note that if you did not upgraded recently you will need to to
>> indicate what is the version of the xar you upgraded last time (it's
>> OK if it's a bit older when you are not absolutely sure). If you
>> really don't have any idea you can choose "I don't know" that will
>> produce quite a lot of "conflicts" (for every difference between your
>> version and the new version) that you will have to confirm one by one
>> (be careful to keep current version of configuration pages, see the
>> list on [1]) but next time you will have full 3 ways merge.
>>
>> If you still want to upgrade it the old way you can cancel the DW,
>> download the official XWiki Enterprise 5.0.1 xar on
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download and follow the
>> upgrade guide [1].
>>
>> To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
>> myxwiki on twitter:
>> http://twitter.com/myxwiki
>>
>> [1]:
>> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#HUpgradingwikidocuments