I'm just curious about brandname such as XWiki versus "generic" forename
such as Xwiki.

For example in languages I know (Latvian, English, Russian) any forename
(given name for person or dog, city or ship name, etc.) starts with
capital and then, if not all characters are capital, it follows with
small letters.

There are brandnames (mostly intentionally, to differ from "generic"
name) this rule is not followed: XWiki, iOS, PiTiVi, etc.

So, when I write about Xwiki:

1. I don't know it is spelled XWiki,
2. I'm too lazy to bother,
3. I intentionally spell it Xwiki, to not add disclaimer, that iOS or
XWiki or ... is a registered trademark (if is),
4. something else...

What do you think?
Valdis