On 08/26/2013 03:21 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
[...]
>> By the way, is the distribution manager expected to pop up on an upgrade?
>
> Yes definitely, see
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard

Ah, but it did not show up for my installation; however the problem was due to
a rogue
/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which I somewhat forgot when cleaning up my overlay target
that should only modify a few template pages ... which perfectly explains why
the
distribution wizard did not get invoked for me.

After deleting that file, the one from the xwiki distribution is picked up
and the DW came up on the first request for me, too.

 However it only upgrades the content of the main wiki, which has the
"XWiki Enterprise Manager - UI All" installed (in Step 2). The subwikis
have the "XWiki Enterprise - UI All" installed, however.

 In Step 3 when I am asked to update the current wiki only or all wikis,
it does not matter what I choose; the DW sends a request to itself
with parameter values action=COMPLETE_STEP and either upgradeMode=ALLINONE
or upgradeMode=WIKI.

 In my installation this causes just an empty page as a response,
which causes the DW to close and the xwiki main page to show up.
 The subwikis are not updated, but that can be easily fixed
by going to the "Extension upgrader" and upgrade the
"XWiki Enterprise - UI All" on the complete farm.

However I guess this is not how it should work ... so I should
look at the place where my overlay process has broken things a second time.

 Any pointers to what should have happened in third step?

Cheers,
Clemens