On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Valdis Vītoliņš <valdis.vitol...@odo.lv> wrote:

> Vincent,
> actually I'm happy with both styles for boxes, because I regularly have
> several types of them in one page:
>
> 1. code excerpts ({{code}} with sharp corners, difference from {{box}}
> and >quote is monospace font),

Makes sense to have sharp corners for the code macro.

> 2. informational messages (e.g. {{warning}}, {{info}} — rounded ones
> with regular font. I added {{message}} custom macro without icon for
> more generic cases).
>
> I think different box styles make pages richer not only in appearance
> but also helps to grok meaning of content. Therefore I don't see need to
> make all boxes looking "nice and rounded".

Sure, the question that remains is whether the box macro should have sharp
corners or if instead it should have round corners as the other info, error,
warning, success macros.

Generally speaking I think that we should only 1 generic macro called {{box}}
which would have:
* an optional title
* an optional image/icon
* content
* style (default is round corners)

Then we should refactor the info, warning, success and error macros to be
specializations of this box macro. Same for the code macro which should also be
a specialization of this box macro.

See also http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-9432

WDYT?