On 01/15/2014 05:24 PM, Patrick Moens wrote:
> Thanks Clemens & Sergiu,
>

> Problem solved, The table space was almost full (98-99%).
>
> Now looking to migrate Xwiki 2.3 to 5.3 with a db of 20 gb. :/
>
> Any suggestion, best practice or experiences?

Biggest DB here has been just 10 GB ... however the main problem
was about how to find places for backups.

If possible, then I recommend copying the complete database and
try to migrate the the copy with a separate 5.3-XWiki installation.
If that works, replace the 2.3-installation with the 5.3-installation.

That way, if something went wrong, you can repeat the complete process
without bearing the actually running 2.3-instance.
 No matter how full the DB Server actually is I would recommend making
at least backups before attempting a migration over 3 major release versions.

 The main configuration change I remember is the introduction of
of the "environment.permanentDirectory" (in xwiki.properties).
Because this directory also contains the index for the Solr which
needs to be build after the update, expect the box to be quite
a bit busy after firing up got the first time ...