On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Gerritjan Koekkoek
<gerritjankoekk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand the new SOLR search (i did not understand the old
> Lucene very well)
>
> My use-case is the following.
> We have a special FAQ application where the object has, amongst others, the
> following attributes:
> - Subject
> - Topic-group
> - Language
> - Question
> - Answer
>

> he default search returns page-title/name, but this is in our case a
> non-informational, generated by the system code. So instead of Page name we
> would like to show: Subject

You have 3 options:

(1) Use Velocity to output the value of the subject property in the
FAQ title. See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-blog/xwiki-platform-blog-ui/src/main/resources/Blog/BlogPostSheet.xml#L36
.

(2) I doesn't make sense to have a separate String property to store
the subject when you can store it in the document title.

(3) Customize the entire search page just to change the way the search
results are displayed

> As facets we would like to show Topic-group and Language,

> Default (on entering the page with search box) we would like to set the
> context-language as a search filter... So when reader is reading french the
> result only shows french FAQ (with a french subject title) if english only
> english.
> By checking and unchecking languages in the facets the user could extend or
> reduce the search.

This is already the case with the default search. The context language
is checked by default in the locale facet.  See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-search/xwiki-platform-search-solr/xwiki-platform-search-solr-ui/src/main/resources/Main/SolrSearchConfig.xml#L74
.

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Application#HForDevelopers
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Query+API
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

> How to modify the output so page-title is no longer showing

> How to modify facets so only the two fields can be set

See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-faq/xwiki-platform-faq-ui/src/main/resources/FAQCode/FAQSearch.xml#L49
.

Hope this helps,