Hi

I wonder if anyone could be kind enough to provide me with some advice and
pointers. I’ve noticed that XWiki runs its distribution upgrade wizard
automatically when a new version is detected, but even though I pressed “Later”
it still went ahead and upgraded. Or at least it appeared to have upgraded part
of the system as the core version at the bottom showed 6.4.3 when the
extensions etc. were still for 6.4.2. We started with 6.4.2 (installed using
apt-get on Ubuntu 14.04). So, to summarise my questions:

·         How do I stop Xwiki from automatically upgrading. I just want it to
notify me then I can plan the upgrade

·         How do you perform a controlled upgrade and test (I appreciate that
this is a rather in-depth question)? What I need to be able to do is to do an
upgrade and then be able to fairly easily test that the new version doesn’t
break any of our documents or functionality that we depend on. Would the only
way to do this be to keep a list of my changes and check them with every
upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Senior NOC Engineer

P.S. We are finalists for Data Centre Colocation Supplier of the year, please
help us to win and VOTE<http://www.dcsawards.com/voting.php> for us
here<http://www.dcsawards.com/voting.php>

Tel: +44 (0)1622 230382

 | Email: maho...@custodiandc.com

 | Web: www.CustodianDC.com<http://www.CustodianDC.com>

 | Info: info.CustodianDC.com<http://info.CustodianDC.com>

[Custodian Data Centres]<http://www.CustodianDC.com>
        [ISO 27001 IS:567248]

Click to VOTE<http://www.dcsawards.com/voting.php> for Custodian! [DCS Awards
Finalist]

[Like us on Facebook!][Follow us on Twitter][See us on YouTube!]
[Link to us!][Google Plus!]

Click here to view our email
disclaimer<http://www.custodiandc.com/disclaimer.txt>
Registered Office: Maidstone TV Studios, Vinters Park, Maidstone, Kent ME14
5NZ. Company Number: 07878023