Indeed not upgrading WAR + UI makes sense. Upgrading only WAR without the UI
doesn’t.

We agree :)

On 3 Apr 2015 at 13:37:48, Marius Dumitru Florea
(mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com) wrote:

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM, vinc...@massol.net <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
> Hi Mahomed,
>
> 2 things:
>
> 1) if you pressed “later” XWiki will not ask you again until it’s restarted

> 2) if you don’t upgrade now you are going to risk having stuff in your wiki
> that don’t work so it’s important you upgrade ASAP. Having a reminder at each
> XWiki restart is a good thing and bypassing that is not such a brilliant idea
> IMO :)

My comment was about blocking the WAR upgrades not the UI upgrades
(through the DW). When you install XWiki through APT you may get
unwanted WAR uppdates because:

* the system is configured to update automatically
* the list of system updates is large and you don't notice that XWiki
is included in the list

Thanks,
Marius