Minor note: Regular (on-admin) users can also create terminal pages. They
just have to edit their profile preferences and set their user to Advanced
mode [1], then the option will show up in the create page UI.

Just mentioning it for completeness sake, but yes, users should generally
create Nested Documents and should not normally need to create terminal
documents.

Hope this helps,
Eduard

[1]