Hi Peter,

Of course, though you might want to think a bit on the approach.

1) If you want to do it in XWiki using the scheduler plugin, you have to
write some groovy script [1] in the scheduled task that you create in order
to use the filter module [2] (or the old packager module [3], whichever you
choose) in order to export the pages you are interested in and save the
result (on the filesystem or as an attachment in a page).

As inspiration, you could check out the source code (in java) of the export
action [4] which is exactly what is going on when you are exporting a page
from the UI.

2) A simpler choice, IMO, would be to schedule a cron [5] task on a linux
machine (possible the same one running the XWiki instance) and have that
task simply download (using something like cURL [6]) the result of a
manually crafter export URL (as detailed in our documentation [7])
containing the list of pages to export.

Hope this helps,
Eduard

[1] http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Scripting