Hi Hamster,

On 25 Sep 2015 at 08:39:49, Hamster
(teun...@hotmail.com(mailto:teun...@hotmail.com)) wrote:

> Just wondering...
>

> In the release notes you always have a section "Tested Browsers &
> Databases".
>
> You list several browser and several databases that you support and how they
> have been tested. None of the browsers and databases are being tested (or so
> you say :-).
>
> Regarding the supported browsers, you mention IE8 and IE9 in your release
> notes, but on your Browser Support Strategy
> ,
> IE8 and IE9 are listed as NOT supported. IE10 and up is.
>
> Copy-paste of old info?

Yes thanks for raising this up, there are several issues:

1) We have a process issue: There are some community members doing testing of
XWiki releases but they do it *after* a version has been released (they tested
RC1 for example, see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Re
leaseNotesXWiki72RC1#HTestedBrowsers26Databases, which leads to
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/TestReports/ManualTestReportXWiki72RC1#HJiraTicketsMarkedasFixedintheReleaseNotes
 if you click. In 7.2RC1 they’ve only tested on Chrome 45 and HSQLDB 2.3.2 for
example. Usually they test on various browsers and DBs only for the final
release (i.e. 7.2 here). Thus when the Release is made the report is not ready
yet.

2) The Release Notes for 7.2 final seems to be missing some parts at the end.
That seems a glitch. For example it’s missing "Known issues” and "Backward
Compatibility and Migration Notes” sections

3) The Template used for Tested Browsers & Databases is wrong: as you rightly
mentioned, support for IE8/9 has been dropped recently.

For 1), I’ve updated
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HTestedBrowsers26Databases
 and I’m changing the Release Notes templates to reflect this so that we don’t
display false information in the future.

For 3) I’m updating the Template too

For 2) I’ll add the missing parts