On 02/03/2016 06:21 PM, Mark Sack wrote:
> For the second problem, I discovered something that I can't quite understand
> (perhaps because I am relatively new to this kind of development).
> My setup is debian 8, openjdk 7, tomcat8, postgresql 9.4 (all installed from
> the debian repositories).

No, it is not just you, I do not understand it either.
I cannot reproduce it the jetty/hsql distro; it seems the problem is more
specific to the setup.

Anyway here is a workaround:

- create a new (empty) page somewhere (for example direct in the document
index, create new page "Translations", so it ends up as
Main/AllDocs/Translations)
- in the wiki editor, add these lines to the page:

platform.livetable.paginationResults=Resultados
platform.livetable.paginationResultsOf=de
platform.livetable.pagesizeLabel=por página de

 - save the page and then edit it in the "Objects" editor
 - in that editor, add a new object by choosing "TranslationDocumentClass" (in
he "XWiki" section in the dropdown)
   This will add a marker that the contents on that page are translations.

This should work around the problem. (Translations in wiki pages override
translations in property files.)

It would be interesting to figure out why this happens in the first place, of
course.

Oh, and btw:
[...]
> All of the other ones listed were installed as dependencies. There are a
> couple of extensions that don't have pt_BR localization (such as Meeting and
> Full Calendar). For those cases, I downloaded the source files, added in the
> pt_BR resources file, rebuilt the extension and imported the resulting xar
> file.

Hey, did I hear new translations? Could you please send a pull request on
github, or maybe attach
the new translations to a new issue at
http://jira.xwiki.org/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#10070
or if that is too much fuzz for you, just send them to me (I am not sure how
the mailinglist handles mails with attachments, I guess they get scrubbed?)

(Oh, and I see there are a few translations in e.g.

http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/Search?application=Contrib&name=Contrib.CalendarTranslations&key=&origtext=&lang=pt_BR&transtext=&status=notdead
seems fetching these translations needs to be integrated into the build of e.g.
the calendar macro)

Clemens