Without knowing your setup it would be very difficult to tell you how to reset
your system. Personally I use a combination of Vagrant and Digitalocean to run
Xwiki independent of my personal computer. Vagrant uses Virtualbox to make a
local machine and is free. Digitalocean creates a VPS and is very cheap
($10/month). Both of these systems allow you to create a snapshot of your
system which you can restore to if you break things seriously.

Regards,

Jesse