Hi,

As Vincent indicated I started working on a standard MediaWiki
importer. It's still young but seems to work very well already.

See a quick documentation on how to use it on
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/MediaWiki+XML/#HImportaMediaWikiexportinanXWikiinstance.

If you encounter bugs please report them on
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/MEDIAWIKI.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

>> On 01 Jul 2016, at 22:43, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>>> On 01 Jul 2016, at 21:44, Polydectus84 <mik...@telikin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Everyone:
>>>
>>> I will soon be switching from Mediawiki to XWiki.  XWiki has many features
>>> that we are interested in compared to Mediawiki.
>>
>> Great stuff! I don’t know Mediawiki so well and I’d love to know more about
>> the strengths that you see in XWiki when compared to MediaWiki (I’d like to
>> prepare some comparison page for users on xwiki.org that compares XWiki with
>> various other wikis and it would help a lot if you could share your thoughts
>> on this).
>>
>>> I just want to make sure that this is still the most up to date and
>>> recommended way to migrate Mediawiki data into a new XWiki installation:
>>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Import+MediaWiki+To+XWiki
>>>
>>> I'd like to be familiar with the process prior to actually doing it.  Thank
>>> you for your time.
>>
>> There’s some new code being developed for importing from MediaWiki but it’s
>> still young and has barely been released and probably has rough edges. But
>> if you’re willing to try it out and play the guinea pig, it could be
>> interesting for us to know how it fares.
>>
>> Let us know what you think and if you’re interested maybe Thomas could
>> provide some more information (since he’s developing that importer).
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Vincent
>>
>> PS: If you’re willing to go the easy path and want to have someone do that
>> conversion for you, you should also know that the XWiki SAS company
>> (http://xwiki.com, it’s the company that is the main sponsor of the
>> development of the xwiki open source project) has lots of  experience in
>> converting from MediaWiki to XWiki, and they offer this service. They can be
>> contacted at http://www.xwiki.com/en/company/contact-us
>
> FYI, found that xwiki.com has a page with some more details:
> http://www.xwiki.com/en/services/data-import
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

>> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Mediawiki-to-XWiki-Migration-tp7600210.html