Hi,

I am trying to set up Ldap integration, and have installed both LDAP
Authenticator and LDAP Application.
I am using XWiki 8.2.1.

In my xwiki.cfg file I have the following settings in the LDAP section:

#-# LDAP authentication service

xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl
xwiki.authentication.ldap=1
xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=the.ldap.server
xwiki.authentication.ldap.port=389
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=cn={0},ou=something1,ou=something2,ou=something3,dc=something4,dc=something5,dc=something6,dc=something7
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass={1}
xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN=
xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,email=mail
xwiki.authentication.ldap.update_user=1
xwiki.authentication.ldap.trylocal=1

Rest of the lines are commented. Note that there's nothing in base_DN
field. I have provided the same values
in bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=LDAP&space=XWiki.
But the page shows ldap.missingLdapService at the top of the page.

Any ideas why this is happening?