Hi all..
Thanks for taking the issue this much seriously.

Hi Vincent..
> Hey, you’re from Pune? :) I’ve been there about 15 times!
Hey, you are welcome again.. I would expect you to drop me an email while
visiting Pune next time :)

> Normal users don't generally care about their URLs and SEO.
Hi Caty..
You are definitely correct about SEO as simple users don't even know what
SEO is.
But I am very sure that even simple users do care about URLs. For instance,
we share all our educational articles on our wiki in chats, like in
WhatsApp, Facebook, Gmail, and what not. And they often ask me to clean the
encoded URLs for them. In last 15 days for instance, I had to rename about
250 pages..
> I don’t fully agree with you. I have the feeling (can’t prove it)
And this is what Vincent felt but couldn't prove.

> But for your use case you shoyld write a shorting/trimming algorithm, but
> this is custom
Yes I agree. It should be custom because not all will want such trimming of
URLs.

>It may generate nicer urls but they’re not perfect either. They’re a bit
longish from what I see
I think we can't and shouldn't force anyone to have short URLs. Long URL
doesn't seem a problem for us, but inability to shorten them in the first
place indeed is.
I disagree with having any shortening algorithm as even we do use full names
in URLs at certain places. e.g. /Pune-University

My Proposal:
I strongly agree with Vincent about Create Page UI like AWM. This is what we
think will be most user friendly. (Sorry, couldn't upload images but rough
layout)

*Title: (Tip: Title as shown on Page/Document)
[Title Textbox]

[Textbox for last part of URL]

Location: (Tip: location of page in wiki)
[Documents tree/Parent]*

In above layout, we could use algorithm at URL section just to make them
more readable (removing ecoded characters), nothing else.

And it would be nice to have this universally editable, no need of any
options like ALWAYS, NEVER, etc. Also no need to restrict it to just
advanced users, because mostly users who could create a page would know
about URLs.

Very much thanks for this wonderful discussion.
Regards,
Vishal