From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of John M. Steele
Sent: 06 January 2013 15:16
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:52111] Re: It's Time For the US to Go Metric on Gizmodo

I would agree with the poster's comment that the UK is a bit of a mess
because they never fully converted.

However, I have been to Brazil, Japan, France and Germany which AREN'T
messes as far as measurement is concerned.

Canada and Mexico are slightly messy, but not as messy as the UK.  Proximity
to the US is probably part of the problem.  I have not been to Australia,
New Zealand, or South Africa, but they seem to have converted pretty well,
unlike the UK, based on published data.

  _____