Yes, the Aussies do seem fully into the metric system.  I was there for a month
in 2011 and never encountered a reference to US measures.  Although I didn't go
to a hardware store, I did inspect some drainage pipe being installed by road
workers, and as I recall the PVC pipe was marked as 10 cm or maybe 100 mm
diameter.  There were a few road signs in rural areas marked as KMS.
Speedometers on cars are less cluttered without our dual number sets.

HARRY WYETH

Sent from my iPad