http://www.naturalnews.com/039828_Fukushima_radiation_media_blackout.html

He gives a distance in only miles and messes up the capitalization, but that's
not the point.

The amount of radiation in food is given in becquerels per kilogram. Two
paragraphs later, the maximum exposure is given in millisieverts per year. A
becquerel is one random event per second; I can imagine putting a kilogram of
tangerines in a Geiger counter and hearing about four clicks a second. A
sievert is a joule per kilogram, adjusted for how much damage it does to a
body.

The amount of damage done by a particle emitted by a radioactive atom depends
on the kind of particle and the energy with which it's thrown out. Not being a
nuclear scientist, I have no idea how much this is for any nuclide, and the
author doesn't state it.

Also submitted on the web form.

Pierre
--